Cloth market catches fire in Quetta

Monday 09 January 2017 6 months ago 68   Quetta   Print

Blaze in cloth market causes huge loss in Quetta, file photo.

Report  Web desk : Fire broke out at the cloth market in Kandhari Bazar in Quetta on Sunday which spread very quickly and engulfed more than a dozen shops. Eye-witnesses said that valuables worth millions of rupees were gutted in the fire. Eight vehicles of fire brigade reached the spot and brought the fire under control after a hectic effort of two hours. A firefighter was also wounded in the fire who was shifted the Civil Hospital. The Deputy Commissioner Quetta, Abdul Wahid Karlar also reached the spot. The rescue sources said that the fire at the cloth market was caused by short circuit.