Karachi: 25 September 2021: Khuwaja Sira protested with their unique style in dhamal, because dhamal transcends education, class, history, background. All khwajasiras who have been oppressed or not, who know your modernistic NGO human rights discourse or not, whether they know how to read or are absolutely illiterate - play Ali Lajpaal Qalandar, Dama Dum Mast Qalandar and we all enter a trance state.
You'll see art. You'll see beauty. You'll see freedom. You'll see salvation. You'll see surrender. You'll see power. You'll see expression. You'll see Islam. You'll see the soul. But you can't if you can't. Not everyone is blessed with the Gift of feeling, sensing, living this.
This is why Dhamaal was the final conclusion to our massively successful protest today.
Demands from the Citizenry:
1. We demand that the citizens of Pakistan shed the colonial imperialists? teachings that go against our native khwaja sira community. Help us dismantle these structures and create a more just and equitable world for everyone by not being silent bystanders as groups like the beela network inflict violence on our community.
2. We demand khwaja siras and other trans-feminine bodies be provided adequate and affordable healthcare and education.
3. We call upon employers to offer khwaja siras respectable and honest employment.
4. We insist that all khwaja siras and other trans-feminine bodies everywhere, around the world be treated with respect and dignity.
Demands from the State:
5. The beelas (a term used for those who forcefully sex with young boys and transgenders) who attacked Dr. Moiz, and Ms. Firdous must be apprehended and brought forward to face justice within the next week.
6. The Sindh government must table a draft legislation that protects the Khwaja Sira community in the province, informed by the lived experiences of khwaja siras. We demand that this process be initiated before the end of 2021.
7. We demand that a special committee overseeing khwaja sira cases be set up in Sindh in collaboration with the relevant community-based organizations, with a special helpline that khwaja siras can use in an emergency.
8. The police must be sensitized to understand beelas? behavior, while also addressing internal issues in the police departments that prevent most khwaja siras from launching FIRs.
9. We demand khwaja sira representation in the National and Provincial assemblies.